Our website maintenance has been completed, a big thank you to all fans and followers for your patience with us. We know you missed us, and sweetgist.com misses all users of this website as we couldn't wait to serve you again. A big "thank you" to you all especially those who contacted us on Whatsapp while we were away during our website maintenance.

Command Nabs 43 ‘NO SALARY’ Gang Members

The Operation Crush of the Lagos State Police Command has arrested 43 suspected members of a notorious ‘no salary’ gang terrorising Ikotun residents.

Spokesman Bala Elkana said on Thursday that nine locally- made pistols were recovered from the suspects.

He said the raid would continue until the hoodlums were dislodged from the area.

“Operation Crush has arrested 43 ‘no salary boys’ over the last few days and has recovered nine locally-made pistols.

“The operation will continue until they are totally uprooted,” Elkana said.

The ‘no salary gang’ is a group of young men and women who usually gather at Council bus stop, Ikotun where they terrorise pedestrians and motorists.

Mr. Olufemi Akinwale, a resident, who witnessed one of their raids, said: “These guys are called, ‘Kesari’, ‘No Salary boys’ and council bus stop is their meeting point.

“They come from Ikotun, Egbe, Idimu, Egbeda and other places around council bus stop.

“One morning, I was going to work and they were attacking people at council bus stop, dangling sticks, machetes, bottles and other weapons.

“They were at the roundabout, which became a no-go area. So, the bus turned back and took an alternative route.

“I got down, took a commercial motorcycle and I saw them looting shops and harassing passers-by.

“They were male and female, from cults, as they had different tattoos on their bodies.

“They are between the ages of 15 and 25. I heard they were on the rampage because one of them was killed.”

Another eyewitness, Mr. Henry Osuji, said he would have fallen a victim of their operation a week ago if he had not aborted his journey to the council bus stop.

“I saw them brandishing dangerous weapons at Idimu roundabout at about 9:30pm.

“I had to retreat immediately before they caught up with me. I narrowly escaped that day,” he said.